Republican governors of Kansas, Nebraska and Louisiana are pushing to eliminate personal and corporate income taxes. While the Marxists/Socialist like Paul Krugman of the New York Times calls this “reverse Robin Hoodism”, the Founding Fathers were much more understanding when they prohibited direct taxation. An income tax requires one to surrender their privacy. Government needs to know everything you do and is now hunting down all Americans outside the USA. If the country used a 10% consumption tax, it would actually collect about 40% more revenue. It is not “reverse Robin Hoodism” but it then eliminates the difference between “illegal aliens” and citizens. An income tax only applies to the above ground economy and a consumption tax need not track the buyer so everyone pays. The Marxist/Socialists just hate anyone who earns more than them and this is all they look at. The “rich” they are so jealous about also spend more than the average person and hence guess what – they will naturally pay more on a progress basis according to their spending. Include a 2% tax on the transfer of property and guess what, all the people in government who are there to collect taxes are not necessary. Eliminate the income tax and you shrink the size of government sharply. Today the IRS collects over $2.4 trillion each tax year from around 234 million tax returns. They have 106,000 employees and Obama authorized the hiring of 26,000 more just for Obamacare. The total US GDP is $15.09 Trillion. A 10% sales tax and a 2% property tax transfer replaces the income tax reducing the cost of labor that would spark job growth.
1) The US department of agriculture employs more than 100,000 employees and has an annual budget of approximately $95 billion.
2) The Secretary of Commerce oversees a $6.5 billion budget and approximately 38,000 employees.
3) Department of Defense is the largest government agency, with more than 1.3 million men and women on active duty, nearly 700,000 civilian personnel, and 1.1 million citizens who serve in the National Guard and Reserve forces.
4) The U.S. Department of Education oversees 4,200 employees and $68.6 billion budget.
5) The United States Secretary of Energy oversees a budget of approximately $23 billion and more than 100,000 federal and contract employees.
6) The Secretary of Health and Human Services oversees a budget of approximately $700 billion and approximately 65,000 employees.
7) Department of Homeland Security employs 216,000 people and is charged with a mission to patrol borders, protect travelers and our transportation infrastructure, enforce immigration laws, and respond to disasters and emergencies.
8) The Secretary of Housing and Urban Development oversees approximately 9,000 employees on a budget of approximately $40 billion.
9) The Secretary of the Interior oversees about 70,000 employees and 200,000 volunteers on a budget of approximately $16 billion. Every year it raises billions in revenue from energy, mineral, grazing, and timber leases, as well as recreational permits and land sales.
10) The Department Of Justice has a budget of approximately $25 billion and is the world’s largest law office and the central agency for the enforcement of federal laws. THEY DECLINE to publish how many employees they have because that would reflect a police state!
11) The Secretary of Labor oversees 15,000 employees on a budget of approximately $50 billion.
12) The Secretary of State oversees 30,000 employees and a budget of approximately $35 billion with more than 5,000 civil employees who carry out the mission of the Department domestically.
13) The U.S. Secretary of Transportation oversees approximately 55,000 employees and a budget of approximately $70 billion.
14) The Secretary of the Treasury oversees a budget of approximately $13 billion and a staff of more than 100,000 employees.
15) The Secretary of Veterans Affairs oversees a budget of approximately $90 billion and a staff of approximately 235,000 employees for 25 million veterans currently alive.
The elimination of the income tax would result in a huge restoration of civil rights and equalize the tax burden to anyone who is here. It will not be a tax break for the rich, since they pay more when they spend. Moreover, it would eliminate PAYROLL taxes reducing the cost of labor making it more competitive. This would actually inspire job growth instead of taxing labor and sending jobs offshore. It just might bring jobs home!